Thursday, February 1

Chai spice of life?

Current mood: contemplative

I just spilled a drop of hot tea on my leg. I was removing the tea bag from the cup and it dribbled on my leg. It's not really that hot anymore, so you can all quit holding your breath now. I'm fine. It's Tazo Chai with sugar. Delicious.

So my birthday is just around the corner. I'll be 30. Doesn't seem like such a big deal really. Ten years ago at this time I was in such a panic about leaving my teens and turning 20 that I quit my job, gave away as much stuff as I could and got into my very old but very precious Toyota Corolla and took off for Portland, Or. I made a point of moving on my birthday so that no one could throw me a party.

Part of me wishes I had done something similar for this one too. I wish I would have planned a lone back packing trip in Hawaii for this birthday. Oh well. Maybe this spring I can celebrate my birthday again…but plan ahead.

I just took a slurrrrp of my tea. For those of you who are visual, I picked up the cup with both hands. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment