Tuesday, October 11

Learning how to find a job

Current mood: satisfied

I spent my day at the Texas work source center taking a class on how to write a resume. It's absolutely fascinating to me that finding a job and putting together an effective resume can be so complicated, so cryptic that others can build their whole carreer around teaching these skills. My resume it turns out is good, however I haven't been called for any interviews yet. There are a few keys to success, perhaps the little tweekings I'm about to embark upon will be the answer and employers will come knocking down my door, eager to talk to me. I have brought my typing speed up to an average of 63wpm and sometimes even 72wpm with no errors. Surely someone will hire me soon. I keep counting my blessings that I'm not broke so that I can leisurely learn how to find the job I want, instead of settling for a survival job at McDonalds. Still, I can't help but miss the ease with which one can find a good paying job in South Korea. Ah well, this is how it is right now. By the end of the week I will be fully prepared to really start job searching. I'll just call the last two weeks a warm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment