Saturday, October 15

Climbing, shopping and...

Current mood: nostalgic

Today we joined the rock climbing gym. We're both very out of shape having taken about 6 months to get around to going somewhere to climb. It was frustrating and difficult, but we've already paid for the next three months, so we're going back tomorrow. Matt thinks it's the gym that has set frustrating and difficult routs, but I'm pretty sure that it's us not them. It felt good to squeeze my feet back into my climbing shoes. My fingertips feel kind of funny though. Since it had been so long, my fingernails had grown lengthy and feminine looking. Now fingernails clipped the part that would usually be shielded (and for that reason had gotten kinda squishy) was subjected to all kinds of gritty and grindy surfices.

Following our climb we stopped at the Korean grocery store we had spotted on the way to the gym. It was amazing Everything we ever saw for sale in Korea, was for sale at this store, plus some yummy chinese sauces too. I think we're going to become regular shoppers there. I will finally be able to satisfy this craving for kimchee I haven't been able to shake. Matt made fun of me for asking for something in Korean and then receiving the answer in English. I think if you don't use it you lose it, but I guess not everyone agrees... It's not like my Korean is that good anyway. Truth be told, I was glad she answered in English, because there's a significant chance I would have had no idea what she was saying if she answered in Korean. Now that I think about it, what if she didn't even speak Korean?? Matt's probalby right... Oh well, I enjoyed the rush of blood to my cheeks as I embarassingly asked "kimbap issawyo?"

Looks like we might be going out tonight. I'm in the mood for staying home, so we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment