Friday, October 28

The Job Interview-Part 1

Current mood: optimistic

Today I have a job interview, and it has only taken me one month to catch the attention of some potential employer. Of course, I've had to lower my standards a bit, to even apply for the job. Naturally three weeks ago, I wasn't applying for anything that would give me less than 30,000 yearly plus benefits.

A month of unemployment however has worn me down, and find myself not only seeking some kind of approval, but running to the comfort of coffee. Although I no longer drink the stuff (gives me a terribly sour tummy), it is without a doubt the kind of work experience I am most familiar with.

That's right, my interview is in a coffee shop, in approximately a half-hour. I've dressed nicely, printed out my resume, and mapped out the shop location. Although the pay is minimal, I'd be thrilled to be hired. There is something inherently satisfying about making coffee anyway. I've always felt that it was an art, and sinfully prided myself in how skillfully my hands crafted perfect mochas and lattes. We'll see how this interview goes. Perhaps, I am over qualified.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment