Monday, November 6

On the changeable nature of life and living...

Current mood: contemplative

I think all holidays should involve wearing costumes. I went to lunch with a friend yesterday, and didn't warn him I was wearing wings. Becuase it was Halloween of course, noone flinched, in fact people grinned at little pixie (agressive tooth-fairy) me. I'm pretty sure that would not have been the case during other times of year.

So I did celebrate. I crashed a party full of people I enjoy, and dealt with the awkward feeling of thinking I didn't belong. Absolutely worth it, I loved seeing that people put even greater effort into their costumes than I did.

It's now November 1st. I'm glad. I feel the days are inching closer to my new me. It feels like I'm metamorphosizing (sp?). I'm growing wings. I spoke with my soon to be new manager and there is a good chance we will be doing lot's of traveling in the coming months. The plane rides will bring me to one of the greatest cities in the world, and in that process I will be more accessable to family and to one of my dearest friends.

While my life has unexpectedly taken a turn away from the familiar, and I have to deal with some serious questions and self-analysis. I can't help but get excited as I come closer and closer to me. To knowing me, to loving me, to trusting me. Important emphasis.

Life has new things in store for me. I'm ready!

Currently listening:
Dream Cafe
By Greg Brown
Release date: 23 March, 1992

No comments:

Post a Comment