Monday, November 6

Cold wind, sweet potatoes and chemical overload

Current mood: groggy

I had a veggie sandwhich with roasted sweet potatoes today. GENIUS!

In other news, there was some sort of chemical drain cleaner accident in the building I'm currently working in. Initially it smelled like hard-boiled eggs which led to lot's of little jokes and giggles. The initial stink gave way to some major problems (and by major I mean worse then the smell of hard-boiled eggs, but probably not life-threatening). At some point, being as sensitive as I am with tendencies toward being a hypochondriach, I started feeling woozy and dizzy and thought I would just put my head down for a minute. My co-worker resucued me, asking if I'd like to go outside for fresh air, which I did. The cold, season-appropriate air snapped me out of it. Good. Nice air. Me likey. When I went back into the office to finish up what I had been working on, I was really struck how all of the busy mortgage bees just kept buzzing as more and more people started coughing and wheezing. I only stayed thrity minutes more. When I left everyone was still busy at work. One of my co-workers called out "have a good night, enjoy the fresh air."

Poor mortgage prisoners.

I drove home with the windows down.

No comments:

Post a Comment