Monday, November 20

My fancy new downtown job


Current mood: happy

Well I think I'm going to like it there!! They gave me a very warm welcome this morning.

They put together a lovely greeting package which included
* a copy of the Onion
* a spiral bound, hardcover, artists sketchbook
* a pen
* goldfish crackers
* organic, chocolate-chip, animal crackers
* paul newmans, organic, sandwhich-cookie bites
* an odwalla snack bar
* an organic chocolate, endangered species "bug bite."

On top of all that they also gave me a pet goldfish and fish food for it! So sweet.

Orientation was a lot of information to take in all at once but everyone is very kind and up-beat. They took me and the other new hire out for lunch at a fantastic mexican restaurant. I had the most delicious enchilada vegitales, with green beans on the side.

I won't be doing any writing initially. The contracts and projects aren't solidified yet. In the meantime I'm working more on the research and development side of things.

My manager seems really good, and fun to work with. We had a lot of good laughs today (he does improv comedy too.)

All in all, I'd say it was a successful first day. Plus I love being in the heart of downtown!

No comments:

Post a Comment