Tuesday, May 8

Life is bigger, bigger than you, and you are not me...

Current mood: quixotic

Sometimes when I least expect it, I rediscover something I love. Double americano's in a 12oz'er with about an inch of room at the top are so freakin' good. I drink that crack black. So nice.

It's freezing in my office today. I put on my fleece hoodie but it smelled nasty. Had to wear my back up fleece vest. Good thing I brought a spare!

Although there has not been an official announcement, I will be singing my farewell to the Platforms in Albuquerque very soon. I'm looking forward to my farewell weekend, we're going to have a blast, and then I'm going to pursue other things for awhile. Comedy, painting, fitness, maybe meditation. I may take another running leap at rock stardom at another time, but I suspect that if I try for playing live music again in the future, it'll be bluegrass or folk. Those people are so warm! Rock stars…well, rock stars are passionate, but I think they've got more angst and other stuff in the mix. Plus, a good ol' granola girl like me? Well I clean up real nice, but I think those of you who know me well know where my heart tends to gravitate.

I've got a new "sig. oth." --> ME.

I'm doin' a Jon Lovitz "Get to know me!" thing for myself. Takin' some time to get to know me, see what makes me tick, find out what's important in life n' stuff. Got me an acupuncturist, and I think I'm getting down to the deep stuff. And if not, it's just fun to hear someone say… "lets see, last week I cupped you, I think I'd like to do that again. Yeah, I'm going to cup you and I'm also going to scrape your meridians. I think scraping your meridians will really help get your chi flowing again. This is going to leave a mark, is that ok?"

No comments:

Post a Comment